Thursday, December 24, 2009

NEVER Fail Waffle Mix


I have two stand-by recipes that I will not deviate. One is my Buttermilk Pancake recipe which makes the lightest pancakes you will ever have. Pockets of air make these better than any restaurant. The second recipe is my Waffle mix recipe. I made these again for Kevin this morning and they literally melt in your mouth! I can not wait to try the leftover waffles with Fried Chicken and Gravy, a southern classic! I got this recipe from Recipezaar a long time ago.


The only hint I can give on these is DO NOT skip the whipping of the egg whites separately. This is key. This recipe makes about 12 - 4-inch x 4-inch waffles.


Never-Fail Waffle Mix


1 1/3 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
2 eggs, separated
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 3/4 cups milk


1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
2. Separate the eggs, adding the yolks to the dry ingredient mixture, and placing the whites in a small mixing bowl.
3. Beat whites until moderately stiff; set aside.
4. Add milk and melted butter to dry ingredient mixture and blend.
5. Fold stiff egg whites into mixture.
6. Ladle mixture into hot waffle iron and bake.



1 comment:

  1. Made the waffles, they were awesome. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments!