Island Pork Steaks
4 6-8 ounce pork steaks
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 1/4 teaspoons Jerk seasoning; divided
1 20 ounce can pineapple slices; reserve juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1. Preheat grill or cast iron grill pan to medium-high heat.
2. Remove any excess fat from pork and rinse under cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Use a pastry brush to brush with olive oil and season with 1 1/2 teaspoons jerk seasoning and salt, if desired. Set aside.
3. Drain pineapple slices and reserve juice. Season both sides of pineapple slices with 1/2 teaspoon of jerk seasoning; set aside.
4. In small saucepan, bring reserved pineapple juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon jerk seasoning, and brown sugar to a boil over high heat. Reduce liquid by 1/2, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Just before grilling, oil grate. Place pork steaks on grate and grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove to platter and tent with foil.
6. Place pineapple slices on grate and grill for 1 to 2 minutes per side until grill marks appear and pineapple is heated through.
7. Serve pork steaks with pineapple slices and warm sauce.