Remember when you were a kid and Ho Ho's were one of your favorites? Remember unpeeling the roll, trying to keep it all in one piece? This cake comes pretty darn close to the original and so much easier to serve at a party!
This would make a great cake for anyone from kids to adults. This makes a 9-inch cake. You will probably be able to cut this into 12 servings depending on how much willpower you have!
Ho Ho Cake
1 18 1/4 ounce box chocolate cake mix
3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
1 16 ounce can dark chocolate icing
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon water
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Prepare cake as directed on package for two round pans.
2. When cool, "slice" through cakes to make 4 "thin" cakes using unflavored dental floss.
3. Beat sugar, shortening, vanilla, milk, salt and water for 7 minutes.
4. Add powdered sugar and beat for 5 minutes longer.
5. Lay one layer of cake on plate.
6. Spread Cream filling on top only, do not go all the way to the edge.
7. Lay another layer of cake on this.
8. Spread cream filling on this too.
9. Again layer and filling until you have all four layers on here.
10. Ice the whole cake with the chocolate icing.