Friday, April 23, 2010
2 avocados; skin and pit removed then cubed
2 tomatillos; husks removed and rinsed to remove sticky film
1/4 cup chopped white onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Juice of 1/2 lime
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 tomato; seeded and chopped
1. Boil 2 tomatillos in water for 5 minutes.
2. In blender, puree 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, 1/4 cup chopped white onion, 1 jalapeno, juice of 1/2 lime, and splash of the tomatillo water until small chunks.
3. Remove tomatillos from water and cool. When cool enough to handle roughly chop and add to blender with other ingredients and pulse in quick bursts.
4. Add chopped avocado and quickly pulse again.
5. Add ingredients in blender to bowl. Add chopped tomato and spices. Salt to taste.