Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Nutella Fudge Mini-Cupcakes

Recently, I found a new chocolate love.  I originally saw this product used on Giada De Laurentiis' show on Food Network.  I was always intrigued but I am not really one for hazelnuts. At least not the hazelnut FLAVORED things I have had in the past.  I went out on a limb and decided to try it.  After all, I am Italian.  I instantly feel in love with this stuff.  I put it on everything now.  It is a bit pricier than peanut butter but in my opinion you do not need to put as much on.
This recipe is the first of the Christmas cookies that I have made.  These tasty mini-cupcakes really fit the bill for anyone with a chocolate craving.  I hope you enjoy these.  You can double this recipe successfully.  The original recipe makes 12 mini-cupcakes.

Nutella Fudge Mini-Cupcakes
1/2 cup Nutella spread
1 large egg
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup hazelnuts; chopped

1.  Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.  Line a 12-cup mini-muffin pan with paper or foil liners.

2.  In a medium bowl, whisk the Nutella and egg until smooth and well blended.  Add the flour and whisk until blended.

3.  Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tins (about 3/4 full) and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts.

4.  Bake until a pick comes out with wet, gooey crumbs, 11 to 12 minutes.  Set on a rack to cool completely.  Serve immediately or cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.  You can also freeze them for up to one month until needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments!