Typically, I use two main websites, Cooks.com and allrecipes.com. My strategy for selecting recipe is to always sort by ratings/reviews. That has generally worked very well and this time was no different. I will be using this recipe as a base recipe and try it with different fillings.
This produced a very moist cake layer with a nice crumb to it. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 ¾ cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 ¼ cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture just until combined.
3. Spread half of the batter into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spread with pie filling; sprinkle with nutmeg. Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over the top.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
5. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cooled bars.