Two weeks ago my very good friend, real estate mogul (?!?), Jeanne came to dinner. We went to look at a house that my sister-in-law was interested in and I decided I would make dinner.
Jeanne and I go WAYYYY back. We worked together many years ago as sales managers at a local resort. We had the pleasure of eating in many great restaurants over the years we worked together.
I wanted to treat her to some great Italian as a way of saying thank you.
This meal was very easy to prepare. I made it with a Lemon Pepper Pappardelle noodle. I found them at Trader Joe's ( I love that store!) However, any wide pasta would work fine.
4 chicken cutlets
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
¼ cup vodka
½ cup low sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ cup tomatoes; chopped
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1/3 cup scallions; minced
1. Season cutlets with salt, pepper, and dust with flour.
2. Saute cutlets in oil. Transfer to platter; pour off excess oil
3. Deglaze pan with vodka. OFF OF HEAT. Cook until vodka is almost gone
4. Add broth and lemon juice to pan. Return cutlets to pan. Cook 1 minutes each side.
5. Transfer cutlets to warm plate.
6. Finish the sauce with tomatoes and cream. Heat through, then pour over cutlets. Garnish with chopped scallions.