Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Prosciutto, Figs and Gorgonzola

A while back, I went to Chicago to visit and we went to an Italian restaurant for lunch.  One of the appetizers intrigued me because I am a huge fan of all three ingredients.  This appetizer, as you can see, is very easy to prepare and great for a snack or party.

Very simply, the ingredients included 1/2 dried fig, chunk of bleu cheese, and a slice of prosciutto ham.  Roll it up and voile!  I could sit and eat this all afternoon.  Mangia!

3 comments:

  1. That was delicious, wasn't it?? You should try Matt's grilled fresh figs and prosciutto!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. god, your quick...I just posted this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this appetizer! I had this at my absolute favorite restaurant: Stefano's in Sheboygan. The prosciutto was wrapped around the fig which was stuffed with the goat cheese. This is what I think heaven tastes like!
    Thanks for sharing this one.

    Friend Linda

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments!