Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Potato Chip Cookies

I work at a small private college and Ashley, one of our great student workers, brought in these cookies and the recipe.  Ashley's mother was nice enough to share the recipe with us.  Ashley is one of the best student workers that we have had since I have been in the office.  Thanks to Ashley for doing a great job and a big thanks to Ashley's mom!

These cookies have been around for a long time.  My aunt "Meenor" said that my grandmother used to make these when she was a kid.  I am just surprised that I have never had these before.  But, I can tell you that these will be one of my go-to cookies!

Potato Chip Cookies

1 pound butter
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups flour
1 cup potato chips; crushed

1.  Cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla.
2.  Slowly add the flour to the butter mixture.  Mix but do not over beat or the cookies will be tough.
3.  Slowly add the crushed potato chips.
4.  Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until slightly gold on the edges.

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 19, 2010

    Got this recipe a long time ago (Sandie) and they were very good. Made these for Christmas. Someone bought these in Monday - recipe must be going around again.

    MOM

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments!