There is nothing better than potato salad when you are making barbecue. Last night I made barbecue pork chops with grilled zucchini and I thought a potato salad would be a great addition.
If you have ever searched the internet for potato salad recipes there are literally over 2,500 on just one website alone. I have tried several and this is one that I will definitely keep. I used Miracle Whip when making this salad. I have listed the recipe as published on Food.com. This site was the former Recipezaar.com.
Dill Potato Salad
3 1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces - leave skin on
1/2 - 1 cup dill pickle juice
3/4 cup mayonnaise/salad dressing
1/3 cup buttermilk
2-3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped. (Important: Use fresh dill)
4 teaspoons dijon mustard, add more to taste
1-1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 - 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
3 dill pickles, chopped, add more to taste
1. Cook potatoes in boiling water for approximately 10 minutes.
2. Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
3. Drizzle pickle juices over hot potatoes and toss gently.
4. Cool to room temperature.
5. Whisk together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, dill, mustard, sugar and pepper in a medium bowl.
6. Pour over potatoes.
7. Add eggs, onions and pickles to potato salad and toss to blend.
8. Refrigerate until serving time.