Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Great Weekend in Chicago!

Two weeks ago I was able to spend some great quality time with my family in Chicago.  Our day starting early on a gorgeous, sunny Saturday morning.  We had plans to visit a great farmers market in Wheaton, Il. and then some shopping in the quaint town of Naperville.

My aunt, Mariann, who is known to most on this blog as Mee-nor picked us up and our day began.  Naturally, Starbuck's was the first stop on our journey.  Once we got into Wheaton and to the market, I was pretty impressed.  In my opinion the market was better than the one in downtown Chicago that I previously blogged about.

There were many vendors specializing mainly in food items.  The market specialized in foods, including produce, fruits, canned goods and artisan created goods.  One of the highlights of the market were the different vendors offering baked goods.  I have never seen so many different breads, cakes, and rolls in one area.  One gentleman was selling canned vegetables.  If you ever have the chance and you are canning pickles or beets, add some horseradish to them.  Just enough to make you think..hmmmm!
Below are my mom (in green), Aunt Mariann/Mee-nor (in beige), sister Michelle (in pink)

What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday afternoon.  Sampling goods and enjoying the simplest of treasures!  If you have the chance, you should try to visit one soon.  You will be surprised at how much you will enjoy yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments!